1. Turn off the lights when not in use.
2. Take advantage of daylight by using light-colored, loose-weave curtains on your windows to allow daylight to penetrate the room. Also, decorate with lighter colors that reflect daylight.
3. De-dust lighting fixtures to maintain illumination.
4. Use task lighting; instead of brightly lighting an entire room, focus the light where you need it.
5. Compact fluorescent bulbs are four times more energy efficient than incandescent bulbs and provide the same lighting.
6. Use electronic chokes in place of conventional copper chokes.