1. If you see that your meter is burning or it has been removed, call our hotline right away so our Emergency team can assist you.
2. Your meter will be disconnected and removed by our ILPI Emergency Operations Team, for safety purposes.
3. With your concurrence, your account will be temporarily placed on flat rate to restore electric service.
4. As your meter is removed, the last reading will be forwarded to our Billing and Collections Services team for billing purposes.
5. If you will not agree to remove your meter, your electric service will be restored upon installation of the replacement meter.